Monday, March 8, 2010

New Commission piece for single mom.


As some of you know, my husband and I facilitate a breakfast for the homeless and indigent on Sunday mornings. One of the ladies that comes to help in the kitchen on a regular basis is a good friend of my daughter's Ruth, who does the cooking. She is also a close friend of the families since she's grown up with my children. She has three lovely girls of her own and is just recently going through a divorce. Not long ago I had her and her girls come to my studio. I turned up the music and pulled out my costume wardrobe and just let them have at. Amid the dancing and twirling and pretending I mangaged 200 some photographs for my reference library. In return for their services I will present this 20 X 30 portrait to them.

Its always fun to use our art in ways that minister to others. This whole process has certainly been a pleasure for all of us!

5 comments:

  1. Precioso tu trabajo...Felicidades!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feeling in this portrait, good work, good deed, congrats.

    ReplyDelete